Quarterly declaration of taxes paid to the Myanmar State and donations made to NGOs
In line with the commitment made by TotalEnergies on 4th April 2021 to donate to organizations working towards human rights in Myanmar an amount equivalent to the taxes paid to the Myanmar State by TotalEnergies:
Since the beginning of the year, TotalEnergies E&P Myanmar (TEEPM) has paid to the Myanmar State an amount of USD 13.1 million of taxes, out of which USD 11.0 million due by TEEPM and the other taxes being paid on behalf of employees and suppliers:
- Corporate Income Tax (CIT): USD 11.0 million paid as of 30th September
In accordance with the Income Tax Law, the corporate income tax is equal to 25% of TEEPM taxable Income and is payable on a quarterly basis.
- Personal Income Tax (PIT): USD 1.9 million paid as of 30th September
Under the Income Tax Law, the personal income tax is due by physical persons on their income. As employer, TEEPM deducts the personal income tax on the salaries payable and pays the corresponding amount to the Internal Revenue Department on behalf of its employees. This tax is paid on a quarterly basis.
- Withholding Tax (WHT): USD 0.2 million paid as of 30th September
This tax is applicable on the purchase of goods and services rendered in Myanmar by non-resident foreign suppliers. This withholding tax is deducted by TEEPM from the suppliers’ invoices and paid by TEEPM to the Internal Revenue Department on a monthly basis.
TotalEnergies has signed as of 30th September 2021 cash contribution agreements for a total amount of USD 12.2 million dedicated to support activities in Myanmar, with the following partners:
- UN World Food Programme (USD 10 million) ;
- International NGOs providing health, food and livelihood assistance to populations in Myanmar: FXB International (USD 1.2 million) and Pro Asia (USD 0.5 million) ;
- Local NGOs supporting population in the fight against COVID 19 (USD 0.5 million).
|As of 30th September, 2021|
|Taxes paid to Myanmar State||USD 13.1 million|
|Cash contribution agreements signed with organizations working towards human rights in Myanmar||USD 12.2 million|
The term « TotalEnergies » refers to TotalEnergies SE and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates.